1. Aim to arrive at least 5 minutes before the start of the class so that we are ready to start on time, it’s important not to miss the warm-up. Allow an extra 5 minutes if you have not been before so I have a chance to meet you.
2. For Warnham Village Hall and BBH Community Centre classes, download the BookFit app to book your space. Put yourself on the waiting list if the class is full, you will get a space if there is a cancellation.
3. Key piece of equipment is a Pilates/Yoga mat, I can provide one if you don’t have one, but if you are going to come regularly it is nice to have your own. Likewise, regular participants should have their own Pilates balls, bands and blocks, but I can provide for the first class.
4. If you’ve not done Pilates before, suitable clothing is a T shirt that can be tucked into a pair of (knee length) shorts or similar – so nothing that would restrict your movement in any way e.g. Jeans.
5. You can expect the level of intensity to be more than Yoga, so it’s good to have a bottle of water with you, but not so intense that you will feel you need a shower immediately after.
6. The class will be aimed at beginners, but there will be variations explained if you need an extra challenge.
7. In order to teach, I am required to obtain liability insurance (which I have). However the risk of injury is minimal.
8. Linked to the above, I am also required that you are medically fit to do Pilates, so:
a. If you have any heart problems, chest pains, dizziness, high blood pressure or have had a major operation on your back, you should check with your GP that you are ok to do Pilates.
b. If you have any current minor injuries or are pre/post natal then let me know as some of the exercises can be modified
9. OK to pay cash on the day at Warnham Village Hall and BBH, £5. Bank transfer also available